If you are a motorcyclist and have been involved in an accident you need to get representation to protect your rights. There are unique rules and statues that govern the rules of the road for motorcycles and cars and you need a lawyer that is well versed in these subject areas so that your case can be properly prepared and presented to a judge, jury or insurance company.
If this has happened to you there are a few do’s and don’t including:
- Do not make statements at the scene of the accident; it is ok for you to settle your mind and get medical attention. This includes making statement to police, insurance companies or witnesses until you’ve retained counsel.
- Do get to the hospital. Even if you “think” you are ok there could be underlying injuries internally that you may not immediately detect that could be life threatening. You will also want any medical impact from the accident recorded. Also make sure you take any guidance from your doctors seriously.
- If you are able, get names and phone numbers of any witnesses to the accident and if you’re not able, ask a witness to help you. Also, pictures of your motorcycle, your person and the vehicle in the accident can be very helpful.
- Do not get on social media and talk about your accident. This opens you up to attacks by the other party and their insurance company who may look to use your statements to attack your credibility.
Adherence to these do’s and don’ts is essential and will help us help you make the most of your claim. Because of some of the complexities with the rules of the road when a motorcycle is involved we need to get to work with the best information to make your case and maximize your compensation.
Area’s that we’ll need to work to protect you include:
- Medical expenses related to the accident which can require long term care for motorcycle accidents.
- Loss of income which could be substantial if you are subjected to lengthy recovery or an injury that prohibits you from returning to work.
- Emotional stress and support. Don’t think about this as a weakness, there can be severe emotional distress resulting from an accident and can we as bad or worse than physical injuries.
- Replacement or repair of your property damaged or lost as a result of the accident.
It is critical that you act fast. We need to make sure that all the facts of the accident are collected, that the proper authorities are notified and that your claims are well organized and presented to maximize your compensation and to make sure that you don’t experience gaps in care or income.
If you have been involved in a motorcycle accident, the most important thing you can do is make sure that your rights are protected and that you have the support and representation needed to help you mend from this wound and put your life back together. Please call us at (800)-XXX-YYYY and we’ll get on the case and protect your interests. We will take the pressure off you and fight to ensure that you are successful with your claim.